Wednesday 17 May 2017

Dresses, Denim Jacket and Louis Vuitton Speedy Bandouliere

Dresses and denim jackets are starting to become a go-to outfit combo for autumn. While winter is only a couple of weeks away, the days are still warm enough for a denim jacket to be a good topper for an outfit. I'm also trying to squeeze in as many wears as I can of bare legs and dresses before I need tights!

What I wore:


autumn style zara printed bib front tunic dress denim jacket LV speedy bandouliere | AwayFromBlue

Louis Vuitton Damier Ebene 30 speedy bandouliere | AwayFromTheBlue
Jacket: Bubblegum denim jacket
NecklaceUniquely Made with Love Sea Change necklace
Dress: Zara printed bib front tunic dress
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs metallic mouse flats (on sale in black, and super cute in cherry print!)
BagLouis Vuitton Damier Ebene 30 speedy bandouliere


Why I wore it:

Wore this for a physio appointment. As I was kid-free, I thought it was another good excuse to get this pretty yet definitely not baby friendly necklace out! I really liked the blue beads with the navy printed dress and denim jacket.

Since I was going to do some exercises at the physio I did put on a pair of workout leggings under this (I shared a pic on my Insta stories). I took the leggings off after the session, as while they are great for exercising in, the 3/4 length is a little odd on my petite self. I'm not really an activewear person if I'm not working out.


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarer, denim jacket, Zara printed tunic, gold mouse flats, Louis Vuitton Speedy Bandouliere bag.

Other ways to weardenim jacket and denim shorts, Zara printed tunic layered for winter, gold mouse flats and skinny jeans, Louis Vuitton Speedy Bandouliere bag and pink vest.

Perfect for pregnancy: denim jacket in second trimester, printed tunic belted over a baby bump, speedy bandouliere and maternity pencil skirts.


More Denim Jackets Under $50:







What I wore:

aztec print dress denim jacket and ankle boots for autumn | Away From Blue

cheeky Cooper rescue Shih Tzu, Louis Vuitton Damier Ebene 30 speedy bandouliere | Away From The Blue
Jacket: Bubblegum denim jacket
Necklace: Nibbly Bits Wilma teething necklace in pale daffodil
Dress: Rivers Aztec print dress
Belt: Kmart thin gold glitter belt
ShoesRMK Chester black ankle boots (on sale!)
Bag: Louis Vuitton Damier Ebene 30 speedy bandouliere


Why I wore it:

Cooper looks so funny in that last picture I had to crop it to show the bag and his fluffy little face!

This outfit is very similar to the one above, with a different print, an added belt and ankle boots instead of ballet flats. As you can probably tell by the yellow teething necklace, I wasn't kid free when I wore this.

Took Baby Boy to his weekly weigh and ran a couple of errands before spending time with my mum in the afternoon. I was excited to wear this dress, it's not easy to breastfeed in (although you could just tug the neckline down you'd have to stretch it too much) so it's been out of rotation for a while. I did regret my choice a little that morning when I bent over to get Baby Boy and worried the dress was a little too short...maybe will wait until I'm wearing leggings or tights before I get this dress out again!


Last worn: denim jacket (above), Aztec print dress, gold glitter belt, black RMK ankle boots, Louis Vuitton speedy bandouliere (above).

Other ways to weardouble denim with denim jacket, Aztec print dress at the beach, gold glitter belt and a little black dress, black RMK ankle boots and tights, Louis Vuitton speedy bandouliere and skinny jeans.

Perfect for pregnancydenim jacket in the third trimester, printed dress hiding a baby bump, belted baby bump at 38 weeks pregnant, speedy bandouliere and wrap dresses in third trimester.

***

More Printed Dresses Under $50:








How You Can Wear It:


Autumn and spring are the perfect seasons to wear your favourite dresses. A denim jacket is a good layer that's easy to take off and on through the day as the temperature changes, and goes with anything so you can wear a busy printed dress if you like. On cooler days, swap out your ballet flats for ankle boots for a little extra warmth, or add tights or leggings if it's really chilly.


Linking up with Fashion Frenzy, Style on the Daily, Oh Hey Girl, Fashion Files, Fun Fashion, Fabulous Friday, Flashback Fashion, Weekend Wear.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

39 comments:

  1. Lovely dresses, jacket and love your Speedy B. Have a great day!

    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these dresses are so cute and perfectly styled! I had no idea that yellow necklace was a teething necklace! What a clever concept!
    Gina || On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes teething necklaces are awesome, a mum essential for me! :)

      Delete
  3. Both of these outfits are adorable. I just love the look of denim jackets with dresses!

    By Lauren M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful dresses- i also need that bag.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at Cooper - hee, his little pink tongue. :)

    I love a denim jacket as a topper - it can really give a dress a good anchor. Hope your warm weather stays a little while longer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Denim jackets make the best layers! Loving it with your printed dresses and LV bag! I hadn't seen that one in a while and always love it.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  7. I live in my denim jackets during Spring and Autumn. Love both outfits, per usual!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the patterns on your dress!

    Kim
    Simply Lovebirds

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha, Cooper does look funny. What a cutie. I love that first dress!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. The first look is my favourite! I love pairing jean jackets with dresses!

    xx Jennifer
    Effortlessly Sophisticated

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mica you are looking bright and lovely in these predominantely blue looks.
    Oh and the second dress does not look short but I can imagine that when it comes to chasing two baby boys, it is ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the floral prints! So perfect for spring and summer ✨

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the pattern of both dresses, would totally steal them :)

    Alex - Funky Jungle

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both dresses are so beautiful, absolutely love the prints. I am liking the mild autumn we've had for the last 6 weeks but unfortunately I think the rain is coming. I adore your mouse flats. It reminds me I need to wear mine more often. Just looked at the cherry version, want them soooo much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just gave away my denim jacket! T_T but I have a chambray that I think replaces it nicely. I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. A dress + a denim jacket is one of my favorite outfit combos ever, so I love both of these looks! I'm getting to the point too that I can't wear my non-baby friendly necklaces if I'm going to be home with Violet--she just wants to eat everything right now!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes they just love necklaces! I feel my boys are always at that stage....anything I wear is tugged or chewed on haha!

      Delete
  17. A denim jacket is so timeless, it looks great with anything x

    Tiffany Tales | Lifestyle & Beauty 

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the printed dresses and how you styled them.

    Carolyn | www.petiterosesandwine.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Brrr, your brave, there have been a couple of nice days here (like today!), but generally, it's too cold for dresses now! You look lovely though xx

    Kez | acaciasdreams.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cooper looks really funny in the last picture! And I know what you mean: I try also as often to wear bare legs until it gets too cold for it :) Denim jackets and dresses are indeed a great pairing and I love both of the looks you show here!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the outfit and the bag is gorgeous!

    Vanessa x | www.springlilies.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the pairing of a denim jacket & dress Mica! They look so good together. I love the print of both of your dresses and accessories. Cooper is a cutie :D
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. This outfit is so chic! I love the print of the dress and your handbag! They're such a great combo! :)

    xo, Chloe // http://funinthecloset.com/crane-print/

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love this style! It is nice and casual and looks great for summer. Your Louis Vuitton is gorgeous :) http://www.bauchlefashion.com/2017/05/cannes-hottest-moments.html

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your pictures always make me smile because I know I'm going to see that cute pup! The last picture makes me laugh with that little tongue :) Love the denim jacket and super cute dress too!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your puppy is the cutest. He is a Maltese right? Bet the boys love him. =)

    Your transitional seasons style is so cute and so you Mica. I'd wear these chic casual outfits any day. You are shopping your closet and yet staying true to yourself and your style and to what's on trend because tile prints and ethnic prints like your dresses are so IN. Love the pops of color each necklace brings to each outfit. =)

    Enjoy the weekend! <3 Ada.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) He's a Shih Tzu, possibly crossed with something, can't be 100% sure as he's a rescue :)

      Delete
  27. Such a cute look, I like that your necklace matches your outfit ^___^ Awh your puppy is so adorable.

    x,
    Chanel | Je M'appelle Chanel

    ReplyDelete
  28. The dresses are so cute. I love the denim jacket in the first one and your little pup is so cute. How funny you caught him mid lick!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very cute outfit! Im loving denim jackets more than ever thid year and wear them with everything

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow you look so lovely mama! I love the jacket and dress. Can't take my eyes off that necklace! xx
    http://www.prettyweirdbombshell.com/breakfast-bed-like-queen/

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the look of a dress and denim jacket! Both of these looks are super cute! And you pup is adorable!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love your zara printed dress, and yes to the cooper nose lick - so cute!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  33. Just rocked a dress and a denim jacket to work yesterday! I love being able to do that. I makes me feel dressy yet chill at the same time. Especially since the back of the dress I picked had a large key hole opening not exactly office appropriate. My denim jacket has been ignored a ton lately. I was happy to give it some more love! (;

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love these looks - a denim jacket goes so well with a print dress. I am a recent and enthusiastic participant!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thank you all for your lovely comments - and kind words about cute little Cooper! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...